Industry News and Events
- 67th Annual Laurance Reid Gas Conditioning Conference, Norman, OK USA, February 26 – March 1, 2017—Jonathan Byers, Spartan Energy Partners, VP of Corporate Development and Jon Norman, United Conveyor Corporation (UCC), Manager DSI Sales and Technology presented and introduced recently at the 67th LRGCC on February 28th, the patent pending process to Reduce Sulfur Dioxide Emissions Downstream of Amine Units with Dry Sorbent Injection.
The Laurance Reid Gas Conditioning Conference (LRGCC) has been presented by The University of Oklahoma since 1951. The LRGCC has gained a worldwide reputation as the principal forum for new ideas, developments, and operations for preparing and purifying natural gasses and other fuels for market. The LRGCC is a crucial conference for all professionals involved in the gas processing, gas conditioning, and gas sweetening industries. The materials presented provide information on technological advances, case studies, theoretical breakthroughs, and current research in the field.
The Spartan/UCC Dry Sorbent Injection System works onsite, with a Spartan Amine Treatment Plant, to dispose of H2S contained in sour gas from the wellhead. During the Amine treatment process, treated sweet gas is sent to the customer, while acid gas, containing H2S stripped from the sour gas, is sent to the Dry Sorbent Injection System. DSI is a process of injecting a sorbent into a waste gas stream to remove pollutants. This is an economical solution for applications ranging from 500-4000 lbs./day of sulfur, particularly when amine treating is required as well.
- 4th Annual DUG Permian Basin, Fort Worth, TX USA, April 3-5—Spartan Energy will participate in the upcoming DUG Midcontinent Conference & Exhibition. The industry’s top experts and analysts join the region’s most active producers, service and supply companies in the Permian Basin explore what’s working for West Texas producers and more. The event features over 10 hours of networking, a first-ever Water Forum, and more than 20 executive-level speakers discussing the pulse of the market, forecasts and best practices looking ahead. Visit us at booth #606!
- 2017 GPA Midstream Convention, San Antonio, TX, April 9-12—For the sixth year, Spartan Energy will participate in the GPA Midstream Convention in San Antonio. We are proud to attend and be a sponsor of the GPA Midstream Convention, “where midstream meets.” For more than nine decades, GPA Midstream has led the industry in research, technology, setting and adopting standards for natural gas and natural gas liquids, and more recently, working with legislators and regulators to represent the industry at state and federal levels.
Each year, the GPA Midstream Convention brings together about 2,000 professionals involved in natural gas gathering, compression, treating, processing, storage and marketing, and natural gas liquids fractionation, transportation, storage and marketing, all with the common interest of meeting about—and making a difference in—midstream matters.
Mark your calendars—The event will be at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter April 9-12.
- 7th Annual Developing Unconventional Gas Eagle Ford Conference and Exhibition – San Antonio, TX, August 29-31—Spartan Energy is proud to be a Bronze Level Sponsor and will participate for a sixth year at the annual DUG™ Conference and Exhibition.
This annual conference attracts more than 4,000 executive- and senior-level executives from the upstream and midstream industries. The focus will be related to the Eagle Ford and its world-class reservoir rock that has been beset by the same economic challenges as other unconventional markets. This resurgence in activity is a welcome sign for a beleaguered market. The region, and the oil and gas industry, anticipate sunnier days ahead.
Mark your calendars—This event will be at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center in San Antonio August 29-31.
- 5th Annual DUG Midcontinent Conference & Exhibition, Oklahoma City, OK USA, September 19-21—Spartan Energy will return for the second time to exhibit in the upcoming DUG Midcontinent Conference & Exhibition.
DUG Midcontinent is a chance to connect with the key players operating in Southwest Kansas, the Texas Panhandle, Northwest Arkansas and throughout Oklahoma. With over 25 executive-level speakers, 100+ exhibitors showcasing solutions, and nine hours of exclusive networking opportunities, this is the ONE event that brings the entire region together. You’ll walk away with new insights, proven best practices, and hundreds of valuable connections. Visit us at booth #512!
- 5th Annual Executive Oil Conference, Midland, TX USA, November 6-7—Spartan Energy will participate again in the upcoming Executive Oil Conference at the Horse Show Arena in Midland, Texas. Last year a record crowd of over 1,200 oil and gas professionals gathered—up about 16% over 2014 and 2015. From the Midland Basin to the Delaware Basin (and everywhere in between), get updates from key producers on their core assets. Visit us at booth #120!
We don’t take shortcuts. We don’t make compromises. We stand behind our services.
We call it The Spartan Advantage.